I found out today that Red Robin will substitute any burger for a veggie burger. So, if you are trapped into going, or you really like their fries, you vegheads need not worry any longer.
Also, I found out after some research that fiber is better for you than carbohydrates. Mostly because carbohydrates are immediate energy, but fiber goes longer and keeps you more filled up.
Some high fiber foods:
Whole grains-- brown rice, barley, corn, whole wheat... etc
Nuts and seeds-- flaxseed, almonds, soynuts...
Fruits-- I find it hard to believe that any fruit is high in fiber, but healthcastle.com says dried fruit, berries, apples with skin, oranges, avocado, kiwi, mango and pear are good.
Vegetables-- dark green leafy vegetables, beans!
Also, calorie intake is important to discuss. It is different from person to person, but this website might be helpful. Just click Continue under the little article.
http://pediatrics.about.com/library/bl_calorie_calc.htm
RR
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment